My blog posts are usually about what I’ve been up to and the nails I have done in the past week. But I thought I’d do something slightly differently this week. On Monday my lovely friend Megan popped round for me to do her nails, she’s one of those great clients who says ‘do what you want’ and means it! She had just had her dark hair lightened, so I thought I would do nude and dark nails to compliment this. Here’s a little nail art demo for you to copy at home. If you do, please tag me in your pic!
1. I started prepping Megan’s nails by cutting and filing them, pushing the cuticles back and lightly buffing them.
2. Then I applied the base coat and cured under my LED lamp for 30 seconds.
3. After that I applied two coats of CND Shellac ‘Dark Dahlia’, curing for 30 seconds in between.
4. Then I applied CND Shellac ‘Satin Pajamas’ leaving a gap at the cuticle and around the nail. I did two coats of this as well, curing again for 30 seconds each.
5. After that I did a french tip in Dark Dhalia, which I cured for 30 seconds and finished with a top coat.
6. That was all finished up with a lovely hand massage. Even if I do say so myself!
So, how was my first nail art demo? I hope you’ve enjoyed it and let me know if you would like to see another. Requests welcome!
Who is she?!
Based in beautiful Balham and covering all of London, Natalie offers the full range of hand and feet prettification services either from her home or yours. These include manicures, pedicures, gel polish and a special talent for gorgeous nail art (see her social media feeds for proof of said gorgeousness). Natalie is fully qualified with 10 years of experience under her belt and even offers little discounts for parties & larger groups if you speak to her nicely. She’s the life and soul of any hen party, loves anything remotely sparkly and is an avid festival goer (ask about her special ‘festival nail’ designs).
Need some pretty in your life? Call Natalie on 07506 700351 or drop her a line on firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and prices.