Hey guys! It’s been a while! I’m on maternity leave at the mo, we had our little boy baby Charlie on 1st Feb! He is adorable and we are loving being a family of 3!!
Before the social distancing and lockdown, I was recommending new clients to my nail tech friends, but now for obvious reasons, they aren’t working at the moment! It would be pretty hard to do a set of nails standing 2 meters away!
I have had so many calls from new clients asking if I’m working, the main reason being they need their gel nails removed so here is a safe way to do it at home, you’ll need…
- Acetone/nail varnish remover (acetone being the first ingredient)
- Cotton wool
- Nail file
- Orange stick/cuticle pusher
- Cuticle oil
This is to remove a gel polish manicure, I don’t offer SNS, hard gel or acrylic nails so can’t be sure how to remove them safely at home.
And here’s my step by step guide on how to do it…
1. Buff the shine from the polish (this breaks the seal and allows the acetone to penetrate)
2. Saturate a piece of cotton wool in acetone and place on the nail
3. Wrap a piece of foil around the nail tightly
4. Do the rest of your hand (on myself I wrap one hand and remove and then do the other hand)
5. Leave for 15mins. Don’t leave the nails wrapped for too long as the acetone will dry and stop working!
6. Remove foil, the gel should have lifted off the nail,
7. If it has, use the orange stick/cuticle pusher to gently remove it, if it hasn’t, re-soak the cotton wool and wrap again
8. Apply loads of cuticle oil to your nails once the gel has come off!
The fab nail polish brand Peacci have gel removal kits, plus an amazing range of polishes! Use the code PEACCIVBHGKRVF3 for a cheeky discount 🙂
Hope this helps and I hope you’re well and safe is this difficult times! Nat x
Who is she?!
Based in London, Natalie offers the full range of hand and feet prettification services at your own home, as well as at work, parties, weddings, events and everything in between! These include manicures, pedicures, gel polish and a special talent for gorgeous nail art (see her social media feeds for proof of said gorgeousness). Natalie is fully qualified with 10 years of experience under her belt and even offers little discounts for parties & larger groups if you speak to her nicely. She’s the life and soul of any hen party, loves anything remotely sparkly and is an avid festival goer (ask about her special ‘festival nail’ designs).